The Public Works Department in support of the City's mission, will work in partnership with the community and allied City departments to:
- Develop, operate, maintain and upgrade the City’s infrastructure
- Ensure that all private developments and City initiated public improvements are in compliance with municipal ordinances, regulations and standards
- Ensure the provision of safe and adequate water supplies and the proper disposal of liquid and solid wastes
- Develop and implement operating plans to effectively respond to local/regional emergencies
Department administration is responsible for managing and coordinating all program operation operations within the following major divisions:
- Engineering (Land Development, Capital Improvements, Traffic, Inspection, and Water Quality)
- Maintenance Services (streets, traffic signs, signals, street lights, structural facilities, street sweeping and public parking lots/meters)
- Utilities (water, wastewater, reclaimed water, storm drains, and solid waste disposal)
- Emergency Planning (city disaster preparedness, community preparedness outreach, disaster response and recovery)
Locations and Hours of Operation:
Located at 910 Calle Negocio, San Clemente, CA, 92673. Offices are open Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and every other Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Offices are closed on the Alternate Fridays and holidays.
Located at 380 Avenida Pico, San Clemente, CA, 92672. Offices are open Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Fridays from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Located at 390 Avenida Pico, San Clemente, CA, 92672. Offices are open Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and every other Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Maintenance & Corporate Yard offices are closed on the Alternate Fridays and holidays.